You may not feel perfect, you may need a therapist but what you can do by yourself is:
- Be active. you don’t need to go to the gym, you can go for a walk, go to some affairs. The important thing here is that you need fresh air and you need to not sit in front of the tv.
- Start meeting people. If you don’t work you can meet people in the school. And in my case, I’ve started to talk with people for some groups for the adoptees from Colombia. Even if I don’t meet everybody since many of them live in Stockholm, but the important thing is that I don’t feel alone.
- Be busy. The negative thoughts haunt you when you have too much time to think. But if you’re busy the negative thoughts will not haunt you that much.
- Don’t be with people with negative energy. They may make you feel hopeless but you want to be with them because of the fun things you do on parties. Well…don’t be with them! They don’t deserve you even though you try to think the best of everyone.
- Stop with things that hide your feelings for awhile like drugs or alcohol. If you realize you need to get som liquor to feel better or be the better you DON’T
- And remember you are beautiful just the way you are, if someone treat you bad, they don’t deserve you.