For 21 years I’ve thought that I’m too sensitive, “omg stop crying ebba you’re overreacting “, “what’s wrong with me, I’m a total freak”.
Until some months ago when my mom calmly said “you’re just more sensitive than the others”. She said that with a calm and confident voice like she always had known that I’m more sensitive than my siblings but there’s nothing wrong with that.
This Saturday I’ve got a book from her about highly sensitive persons. I read on the backside of the book and read “HSP”. During that time I was already reading one book so I started to google about HSP and I realized that 1. There are many people like me, therefore I’m not a freak 2. There are researches about it, scientists that have studied the brain.
So what’s HSP? Well I can explain how I am and behave.
- I can cry only because I’ve seen a sad movie or heard a sad song.
- I can cry because I think that I know what people think about me and I think they have something against me.
- When someone says that I should do something and then one more thing I should do I get overwhelmed.
- In one hour I can both cry and laugh of happiness and I don’t know why I’m reacting the way I do.
- People tend to feel that they are more close to me than I think that they are.
- I can get overwhelmed in a room with people discussing too loud, I think that they are fighting and I feel so bad for it even though they all like each other.
- I can feel the moods in a room, if a person feel sad I feel sad.
- If I go into a room I scan the people more than the furnitures.
I’m so glad that I have a mom who understands me even though I don’t understand me. I can just call her when I’m upset and she calms me. I’m also happy for having a boyfriend who calms me and comforts me even though he doesn’t know what it all is about. I’m so happy for the fact that I’m scientifically is a bit different, I’m not a freak.